EICMA ’17: YAMAHA have come to the market with an update to their now venerable Super Ténéré. It’s a cracking bike that we really rate here at RUST, but the updates for 2018 are not ground-breaking. New panniers, a bigger fairing and a handy new skid plate. Hey ho!
Here's what yamaha have to report...
2018 XT1200ZE Super Ténéré Raid Edition
For 2018 Yamaha introduce the XT1200ZE Super Ténéré Raid Edition, the latest model in the Adventure segment, and regarded as one of the most durable and capable large capacity models in this competitive category. The high specification of this latest model is inspired by the development of the Ténéré 700 World Raid, and it comes fully prepared for serious long distance exploration.
Equipped with an outstandingly rugged and reliable 1199cc, twin-cylinder engine featuring a 270-degree crank layout that delivers strong torque for effortless riding, the Super Ténéré is the bike that professional long distance adventurers like Nick Sanders choose to ride.
Its specification tells the serious adventure rider everything they need to know: shaft drive; electronically adjustable suspension; 23-litre fuel tank; adjustable seat and screen; unified braking - and advanced electronic control technology including TCS, Cruise Control and D-MODE.
For 2018 Yamaha is able to offer the most complete package with the XT1200ZE Super Ténéré Raid Edition - Yamaha's ultimate large capacity adventure model.
Aimed at those long distance riders who want the highest specification motorcycle that's built to load up and go, the Super Ténéré Raid Edition is equipped with new 37-litre aluminium side cases, giving a total luggage capacity of 74 litres.
These sturdy yet lightweight new side cases are designed to accommodate additional luggage that can be strapped on top, increasing the carrying capacity. For extreme durability, this high quality aluminium luggage has all corner points reinforced in techno polymer.
For high levels of wind and weather protection the exclusive Super Ténéré Raid Edition is equipped with a high screen and wind deflectors - plus fog lamps fitted as standard meaning the XT1200ZE Super Ténéré Raid Edition has the same 4-lamp face design as the Ténéré 700 World Raid.
To give added peace of mind when riding off road, the Raid Edition is fitted with a rugged skid plate featuring side extensions that help prevent damage to engine cases over rough or rocky terrain. The Super Ténéré Raid Edition is also equipped with exclusive carbon side panels, while the newly designed graphics reinforce its rugged go-getting spirit, and underline its position as the ultimate large capacity Yamaha Adventure model.
XT1200ZE Super Ténéré Raid Edition - Technical Highlights
- Newly designed dual 37-litre aluminium side cases for 74 litres total carrying capacity
- High screen and wind deflectors
- Skid plate with side extensions
- Fog lamps
- Carbon side panels
- Exclusive new Raid Edition graphics
- 1199cc, liquid-cooled, inline, 2-cylinder engine
- 270-degree crank for strong torque
- Shaft drive with clutch dampers and shaft dampers
- Electronically adjustable suspension
- Intelligent unified braking system and ABS
- Traction control, cruise control and Yamaha D-mode
- Tough spoked aluminium wheels with tubeless tyres
- Tapered aluminium handlebars and adjustable screen
- LCD instruments with gear position indicator
- 190mm travel, adjustable front and rear suspension
- Adjustable seat height from 845mm-870mm
- 23 litre fuel tank and stitch less dual seat
Yamaha Blue with Raid Edition Graphics
Tech Black with Raid Edition Graphics
The 2018 XT1200ZE Super Ténéré Raid Edition will be available at Yamaha dealers starting in March 2018.